View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
SpiritualMadMan
SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Speed Optimizations?

I am using Version 0.6.29 And, while it is better than Stanza it is still way too slow. And, huge, too.

I am running on two systems one is an Acer Netbook 2GB/160GB Win7 Ultimate the other is an HP DV6609wm 4GB/320GB Win7 Ultimate 64

The Netbook is my primary e-Reader. My Primary format is MS Reader .LIT

I am willing to convert my Library to another format if it will speed things up?

Here's the issue, with me. It takes "forever" to Load the Viewer, and the even longer to load the .LIT file.

I have resorted to just keeping the battery charged an "sleeping" the Computer.

Isn't there any way to modularize the reader to allow only loading a DLL required to extract a particular format?

I've programmed, some, in VB-6... But, this is **way** over my head.

MS Reader is much faster. But... Fails to give the full screen and large letters my vision requires.

Other than speed Calibre (Organizer and Viewer) is a great program package.

BTW, I don't have anything else running except essential services and Symantec AV.

Any help in speeding the process up would be most appreciated.

And, I haven't bought DRM'd books, either.

Thanks!

Mike Sr.
SpiritualMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote