View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
I store books in my library for my mother, my husband and myself. We all live together and anything slightly technical is my responsibility. I created a user column for each of us. Each column basically has 3 values - has the book been read by that individual, is it of any interest to that person Yes or No (all my romances are a NO for my husband for example). I also created a search criteria for each one of us. When I want to load books on my mother's reader I set the search to her name. This way I only see the books that she has not read but has an interest in. Each time I add a book I update this column for each of us. To keep it easy if the book is of interest and hasn't been read I just leave the column blank and fill it in with Read or Not Interested if appropriate.

I keep my tags for genre's. I find that the user column has worked really well for us for quite a few years. Both my husband and my mum keep a sticky note with their ereader and write down the book title and author when they start reading. Every so often I take their yellow sticky and update Calibre and delete the books from their ereaders and add a few new ones. It works for us.
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote