View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #15
rahlquist
Enthusiast
rahlquist is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color (ICS)
Thanks everyone who replied. You all appear to have the same points of failure as well as the same demands. My wife is they type who expects something to "just work" out of box and not have a huge workaround learning curve. She can do anything she sets her mind too (even learned how to program some so we could communicate about it better since I am a programmer). but when it comes to a leisure device she thinks it should work for her not her work for it.

Overall it sounds as if the device handles all but PDF and LIT very well, that the paint issues have been addressed, and that the battery issues are "getting there" if not already fixed. Sounds to me to be a small programing group with a big task list.

Thomas: Given your experience, and the devices available today (meaning not backordered like the nook) if you needed to buy another reader would it be this one?

Robertb: Of course you can chime in, and I appreciate your candor in this thread as well as others I have read. It's refreshing to see a company unafraid to publicly speak to their customers. Thank you.

diokdin: Out of most of the comments you sound to be a user most like my wife and you convinced me that this should be great for her.

Thanks to everyone else too!
rahlquist is offline   Reply With Quote