Thread: Regex examples
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #109
signum
Zealot
signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.signum calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoeyman View Post
I have tried to make the ¬ character in Vim but it doesn't work as it does in this message. (alt-170). Can you tell me how to make it in Vim?

update: well it works as you said, sweet! I just copied the "¬" but I still would like to learn how to make it in Vim. Thanks.
Assuming you are in insert (or append) mode in vim:

<ctrl-v>uac<esc>

In human language, this means: hold down the "ctrl" key and press v, release both, type uac, then tap the "esc" key.

The "ctrl-v" says a multi-keystroke character follows, "u" means it is UTF, "ac" is the hex code for the "not" symbol, and "escape" ends the sequence.

Having said all that, it is a lot easier to just use some other seldom-used character that appears on your keyboard, such as "@", instead of the "not" character.
signum is offline   Reply With Quote