View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Check the slider on the side of the card
Micro SD card. No slider.

I think the SD card is bricked, but I'm a little frustrated that it behaved perfectly all day until Calibre booted up and started trying to read the card for existing books. I suspect that something occurred at that point to brick the card.

Is there somewhere in the preferences where I can keep Calibre from scanning my reader + card when I plug them in? I really do NOT want to sync Calibre with my device, nor do I care to know which of my 700+ books are on the device according to Calibre. I want to plug in the device, send a specific book to it, and be done - the Calibre "talk to device to see what books are on there so it can make little green check marks" step takes forever right now and I want to turn it off.

Sorry if this sounds whiny, I'm just distressed about my 32GB $60 card getting bricked over this... and I would like to avoid this happening to the replacement.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote