View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
farinoj
farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.farinoj can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4NT 4.1.0
PLEASE HELP A CHESS PLAYER WITH NO LINUX EXP

I have read through the entire thread on K3Chess. I've installed Jailbreak, CR3Runner, K3Chess, Launchpad, MfgTools, USBNet and WinSCP. I consider myself an experienced Windows user but I know nothing of Linux. At t-ror's last post in the K3Chess thread I'm dead stopped at step 3, "edit command.txt". I have no idea how to do this or how to get into obscure programming lines like /mnt/us/qtkindle/--"read, execute". I just want to install this one piece of software, K3Chess, on a Kindle 4 NT (just the five buttons at the bottom). The software revision is 4.1.0. The Kindle was a free gift, so I don't care about blowing it up. I'm dying to have K3Chess on the unit, but it's not worth learning Linux just for this. I'm just downloading stuff I have no idea how to use.

Thanks for your patience in even reading this. May the Chess Gods smile on anybody who can give me just a teeny-weeny step forward.
farinoj is offline   Reply With Quote