View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Swallowing my pride

Recently I posted a thread being so proud that I managed to use the mobi2mobi tools to sort books by author. Okay, I did that once......with leeps help.
Now, while I"ve gotten the hang of the command prompt, I'm obviously not using the proper command. I have managed to change the titles correctly, but the authors are not showing up, and the books are sorting themselves to the last page again.
Here is what I'm typing, how am I doing it wrong?

mobi2mobi "Mortal Coils.azw.prc" --outfile "Mortal Coils.azw.prc." author "Aldous Huxley"

The response is the long 'detail' but it does show 'author unknown'.

The book is showing up in my folder as "Mortal Coils".azw. It doesn't list the author, and I notice the others, which sort properly, do. 'sigh. I know i"m just not seeing something somewhere. Thanks.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote