View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
The Fire is of little to no interest, if I was going to get an android tablet I'd get an Asus Transformer, a 7" screen isn't big enough to watch HD on.

The Paperwhite however is of huge interest to me. I have a multitude of problems with my eyes and whilst I only have minor problems with my KT the whiter screen, higher resolution and the light are all things which are of immense interest.

So I've been waiting for the announcement with baited breath only to have Amazon screw me over by not releasing it in outside the US.

Thankfully there is someone who can order me one in the US and I have a friend who works at a global delivery company who can hopefully decrease the amount I'd normally have to pay to get it here in a decent amount of time.

I'm no dev, however once it's jailbroken, is it likely to be possible to add tor to the 3g/Wifi or even use a proxy server? Thus bypassing the geolocation.

Did a little searching, setting up a transparent proxy on a smoothwall box would allow us to hide our location whilst using WiFi. So that's a step in the right direction.

Last edited by Akirainblack; 09-10-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: updated information.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote