View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 03:10 AM   #14
enarchay
Zealot
enarchay began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
For things you find online, the Kindle works fine. If it's not something you need super organized but is a PDF you make yourself (like a blog article) and then mail to the Kindle it works just great. I do that sort of thing all the time. I have a Mac so PDF is a built in option, but there are "printer pdf's" for PC's as well.
What about online Encyclopedia pages, like The Standford Encyclopedia? Do those look good when converted? Do the table of contents remain, I wonder?

Quote:
Of course, I'm selling my K2 to buy one and so I'm only paying about $125 bucks when I buy my KDX as opposed to having to scrape together the money all at once. For me and for what I do - I don't want to spend time converting large PDF's and so it's an option. If circumstances were different.. I'd go with getting the cheaper linux tablet and just deal with the less than ideal LCD thing.
How are you selling it and how much do you think you will get for it? I guess I could buy the Kindle 2 and by the time the DX lowers in price, I could sell the K2 and switch over. (Or not...)

Out of curiosity, what do you do for which the DX would be useful?
enarchay is offline   Reply With Quote