View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You may want to expand this idea to include more Readers besides the Kindle. Here's why, say Kindle sales were really 500,000. Not all 500,000 of those buyers have upgraded to Kindle 2 and want to get rid of Kindle 1. Some have sold K1 in order to buy K2. Some have passed K1 on to family members.
Amazon can really only handle refurb-ing their own devices at this point. If Sony wanted to step up and work with them that would be great. But as I already noted: I do see the program being capable of being extended to other technologies.

If people were offered the choice of donating their Kindle 1 to someone needing the unit to improve their quality of life or giving it to a family member/friend I think you might be surprised how many people would step up.

As for your comment about other groups: my point here is that Amazon has the logistical muscle to make this work. Just like they handle fulfillment for other merchants they could in become the major force in handling logistics for Giving Back to America.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote