View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Yikes! I was there in, let's see, in 2006. It was like 104 degrees farenheit (40c). Then the next year I went to Greece, and it reached 115 degrees (46c). I am never traveling abroad in the summer again. How hot was it six years ago?
5 / 6 years ago (i have no sense of time ) it was about like that, but 24/24 (literally, not even an hour of respite at 5 in the morning) for about 2 weeks or so. half the population over 60 died, it was a huge scandal. (okay, not half. but a lot of them.) and one really really stupid young guy died, because he thought it would be a good idea to get a tan by lying in full sunlight on a park bench at 2 in the afternoon on a 40° day. we just don't know how to handle the heat, except for the people living in the south who are used to it. even they thought it was a bit warm that summer.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote