Thread: How to resist?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #13
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
The PRS-350 went from 159 to 129 only a few weeks back, apparently because it was overstocked during the holidays and everyone was going for the 650.

Gradually, here on this forum folks started talking up the PRS-350 and pointing out that it really wasn't a bad little reader at all, quite nice in fact.

As a result of this, and the shortage of 650s, Sony's sales on the 350 have picked up.

WTF???

Do you really think that solely as a result of people talking up the 350 on this site that sales picked up? That's laughable. There are many reasons people would buy the 350 without having ever heard of Mobile Read.

Quote:
And what is our reward for helping Sony to improve their Sales on the 350?

NOW Sony has raised the price to $179 (USD) HIGHER THAN IT'S EVER BEEN.

OUR reward??? Full of yourself much?

The price of the 350 when it was first released was $179. It was then put on sale around the holidays for $159 and then dropped to $129 until Valentines Day. It's now back at it's normal price of $179.

Price gouging? Hardly.

Quote:
I have had extremely positive things to say about the 350, 650 in the past, but that's because I paid $129 and $199 (USD), and though high, those prices were at least within the bounds of credibility.

With them now playing OBVIOUS PRICE GOUGING GAMES, I personally will no longer recommend them, and will be looking at another alternative when my Sony needs to be replaced.

Actions have consequences, and Sony needs to learn that price gouging in a down economy will not make them either money or friends.

I suggest that ALL potential buyers boycott Sony until their prices return to reasonable levels.

Do you have proof that they dropped the price of the 350's because they had overstock from the holidays and 'everyone' was going for the 650 or are you just making wild accusations here?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe they dropped the price of the 350 because there were no 650's and rather than having a potential buyer walk away they enticed them with a really good sale price on their other unit?

Boycott until prices return to reasonable? Companies are allowed to set their own prices and have sales on their items without asking anyone's permission. But you go ahead and knock yourself out. lol
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote