View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #2
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
also found tis bit which adds more info on his plans

There are two major things that I’ll be focusing on in “Books 4″:

1. Portable devices: “Books 4″ will treat portable reader devices just as iTunes treats iPods. You will be able to create playlists of works and synchronize those works to a portable device. If you have an audio device, the audio version of the work will be placed on the device. If you have an eBook reader, the PDF version will be placed on the device. If you have a device that can accommodate both (such as the iPhone or Amazon’s Kindle), you will have a choice about how you decide to access your portable content.

2. Sources for electronic content: Books already fetches metadata for records online (Quickfill). I want to expand this by designing “Books 4″ to fetch the content, too. If you have a version of Moby Dick cataloged in Books, it will go to Project Gutenberg and fetch the text. If you buy a DVD that collects decades of comic books, “Books 4″ will be smart enough batch import those files. I want to make Books useful for not only cataloging and searching metadata, but content as well.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote