View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #37
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Somy of my friends and colleagues have checked out my readers to decide, which one to purchase. Their reaction ALWAYS is the same as mine concerning BeBook, it "looks cheap", "seems a lower level" and so on.

The use of folders is solved quite nicely, as are lots of features in BeBooks OS.
- The main (standard) folder is called "eBooks".
- Next to it, you find a description, for example "1 folder, 249 files".
- You can generate subfolders. Only have checked up to 2 levels of subfolders, but I guess there's no limit.
- When entering "eBooks", you see descriptions for the folders as well. And when entering a folder for the subfolders and so on.
Thank you very much.
I have also found some worrying threads in Hanlin forum about problems with BeBook crashing and about the need to reformat the SD card from time to time. Some say, even the internal memory needs to be reformatted occasionaly.
OpenInkpot seems to be the most stable firmware for the hanlin, according to some discussions. I find it strange that version 0.1 of firmware done by people that do not have access to fraction of resources available to manufacturer or OEM distributor has, is more stable than the original firmware ver. 2.02
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote