View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #36
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
If it's a book I have heard about it, that has been recced and that sounds interesting, I don't care (much) what the cover looks like. (Apart from Baen covers, which are dreadful even for ebooks where cover shouldn't matter a lot as far as book enjoyment goes.)

If I am just browsing, covers matter - unprofessional-looking covers indicate that this may be a book by a self-published author or small publisher who doesn't put a lot of effort into other parts of the book either; professional-looking covers tend to give me some expectations of genre (e.g. naked male torso on cover - romance, don't buy; semi-naked male in leather pants on a fantasy-ish looking cover - probably paranormal romance, don't buy; young woman in leather clothes, holding a weapon - probably urban fantasy, worth a closer look; dragons on cover - traditional fantasy, don't buy).

A cover featuring anime style art, if I'm just browsing (either in a physical bookshop or a general "new releases" page online) tells me that this is probably a manga / anime / comic book thing, which I'm not interested in, so I'd move on without taking a closer look at the back of the book / the book's page.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote