View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasem200 View Post
but i have no idea wht r u talking about. and i mentioned that i'm Very new in this and i dont know any of this terms, and i thought that it is an eReader
Lots of people call a device that you can read ebooks on an "eReader". However, the word 'eReader" is already used by a company to refer to some software/ebook format:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ereader

So, it's usually a very good idea to avoid using the word "ereader" when talking about ebook reader devices so that people don't get confused and think you are talking about the software/format (It has happened before, with someone on this forum reporting that they bought an "ereader" book, not realising that an "ereader" book will only work on the those Palm-type devices Jon mentions).

The general term most used is "ebook reader device". (I think we need to come up with something shorter though, don't you? ).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote