View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #15
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I know, but the addition of a cell radio doesn't warrant such an exponential jump in price. Smartphones are priced high, because people are willing to pay it. The Nexus 7 is reasonably priced, the Galaxy Note isn't.
I agree cell phones are priced too high, but I think that is partly due to carriers subsidizing the phones. I think the Galaxy Nexus is a reasonably priced phone $350 for an unlocked phone.

I don't agree with you about the Nexus 7/KFire/Nook. The only reason the price is so attractive is because they make that money back in the appstore. But the low cost of that product is squeezing out vendors from making any money and will result in them leaving the market space because they cannot compete. That is not good scenario for consumers and vendors.

You don't have to have a business degree to know that selling a product at cost is no way to sustain a business.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote