View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 07:16 AM   #3
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOucan View Post
...I'd like to be able to switch to the Vera Serif.
I thought that this capability might be limited to a particular file format, but I have tried to find a way to change fonts when reading both txt and prc files but with no luck. ...
Both prc and txt are handled by MobiPocket. And, as tribble has said, there is no sane way (for now).

[crazy mathod follows, just for information]
If you have the reflash option, you may be able to interchange the VeraSe (serif) and the normal font (Vera) in the following directory (also the VeraBd and VeraSeBd), but I won't dare to do it (it may have a lot of undesirable effects or even make the iliad not able to boot):

/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-western-default/
[end of crazy method]

Summing it up, the best option is to wait until they make the font user-selectable.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote