View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #14658
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Now I'm reading a pulp western called The Shopkeeper by James D. Best. This is basically to ensure that I've read at least one book from the western genre as one of my book challenges this year.
This was better than I thought it was going to be. Was quite a good read considering and I became more interested in the characters than I thought I was going to be. I might even review it for my blog although I wasn't originally intending to.

Anyway - pulp western over.

Next up is a novella for my review blog. This one is called The Speed of Winter by B. Morris Allen. Any story that starts with the following lines is going to grab my attention:

Quote:
The average speed of winter is five meters per second in the steppe and in the desert, but only two meters per second in the valleys. When I first read those words, I was in the high plains of my life, had I but known it, and winter was approaching at great speed. Now I am grey and cold, and winter drags on interminably as I wander the pale, silent valleys of this base.
I hope the rest of the novella is as good as this opening.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote