View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
Hattie
Enthusiast
Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Hattie once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: many
GoodReads decimal ratings

I would like to download Goodreads ratings as a decimal (i.e. 4.25) instead of as stars. When I posted about this, theducks kindly provided this answer:

Quote: "The ratings column (and column type) is stars (the underlying value is 0-6. integer)

You could create a custom column (eg GR rate) of Numeric type, but then you will need to figure out (I don't use the GR PI) how to map the rating to the new column" End Quote

I searched the forums for a way to do this and found this thread relating to the Goodreads metadata plugin:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=Goodreads

I have ratings coming in only from Goodreads, and can create a column called GR Ratings. Back in 2011, kiwidude wasn't optimistic that it was possible to map the decimal ratings to this column, however. Is this still true?

Thanks for your help!
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote