View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:59 PM   #111
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
My opinion is that it is a combination of expectations/overselling on Amazons part as well as some degree of poor hardware in some cases. If I had a PW I could maybe forgive them for slight uneveness of the screen, but from what I've seen of their promo material prior to launch, not showing the headlight effect at the bottom was very deceptive. I think that was a fair expectation for purchasers (people that didn't realize that it had no audio not so much). It's blatantly obvious and shouldn't have been hidden in the promo's. So at least to some degree they made their own bed and now have to sleep in it
I would really love to be a fly on the wall of these companies sometimes to see just how widespread the issue really is. Perception from forums probably always makes it seem bigger than it is, but there are obviously some significant numbers involved if they are getting "bad" units specifically shipped to one location to see what the issue is.
Did barnes and noble highlight the uneven lighting when they advertised the Nook glow?
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote