View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #80
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I saw my first Nook Glow today, but I was not impressed. I thought the light was not that even and it bothered my eyes. It also had a blue cast to it. I started seeing pale halos around words. This does not happen using my Sony 350 or T1 in the lighted cover. Nor did it happen on the Nook once I turned the light off.

With the light off, I prefer my Sony readers to the Nook screen.

I'd like to see the Kobo and Kindle interpretations, but it may be this kind of lighting is not for my eyes.

I like the idea of a lighted reader, but the Nook didn't convince me.
There is a video in the link below that shows the kindle paperwhite and the Nook Glow in a dark room. The paperwhite lighting is more even and white, whereas the lighting of the Nook Glowlight is bluish.

Comparison between the Nook Glowlight and the Paperwhite starts at around 5:00.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/30/a...rwhite-review/