Thread: Content How to Organize Books?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajendra8 View Post
HI,
1) I have hundreds of books. Is there any way I can organize them into categories like religion, Spiritual, Fiction etc?
Unfortunately no. The closest you could get to this is including the category in the filename. For example, the beginning of every file could start with a [tag] section where you replace tag with whatever categories that file falls under. For example:[religion][spiritual]Bible.pdf

Then, when you want to find all titles that fall under the religion category, you could just do a search for [religion]. Actually, it would be better to come up with your own system and have religion be something like [R], sci-fi be [SF], and etc. to keep the filenames short. Anyway, that would work, albeit it isn't the cleanest solution.

In terms of file organization, I keep my manga pdfs organized in folders in the "pictures" folder on my DX. They won't appear any more organized on the DX home screen, but at least they are organized when I am looking at it connected to my computer.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote