View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #76
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Writer2xhtml update

A brief update to the Writer2xhtml problem. I have had no response from the developer, but one of the advantages of opensource products is that you can do it for yourself. So I downloaded the source, applied the necessary patches and rebuilt. It all went smoothly.

The update worked on my old LibreOffice v3.6, so I set-up a LibreOffice v4.1 (just released) portable install, and it appears to work fine on that too (option dialog showed and epub saved and validates).

So, if you want to try Writer2xhtml on LibreOffice v4+, but don't want to patch and build it yourself, AND if you trust me not to send you a virus or trojan, then you can send me a PM with your email address and I can send an updated version of the package (1.9MB zip file).

I can't guarantee that I will be doing any updates beyond this, so you may prefer to try the Writer2epub which is still being actively maintained. (I wanted Writer2xhtml because it has a couple of things I specifically asked for and use.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote