View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #10
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Beavermen on the Moon! It's true. I read it in the paper.

In 1835 The New York Sun published a six part series claiming to be extracts from the Edinburgh Journal of Science reporting how Sir William Hersrschel invented a new powerfull telescope that could see planets around distant stars and as an after thought turned it on the moon and discovered beaver people who lived in huts that had smokel, unicorns, three kinds of flying bat people and a miriad of other wonders that increased the paper's circulation and was rereported in many other papers throughout the world.

Seems strange that people would believe stories like this. However, when you consider that at the time explorers were showing civilized society the duck billed platypus, koalas and kangaroos and reports of pigmy natives in the jungle why wouldn't there be flying men on the moon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I learned at lot of things from the short broadcast. Learning From the Things That Annoy Us . . . . . . . . . . .
That happens to me in the Religion and Politics forum.

Last edited by wannabee; 10-23-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Answer Hamlets post
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote