View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #23886
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Have you been taking "how to frame a picture" lessons from Stitchawl? They look really professional.
Having that bridge lead the viewer's eye right into the gazabo is 'picture perfect!' Add to that the tree leaves on top keeping the viewer inside the photo... It really IS professional!

Quote:
Can either of you speak Tai? I'm assuming if you lived there for 10 years you must have some level of proficiency, but maybe a bit rusty? Looks like Chiang Mai is a lovely place - looking forward to the pictures already.
We both speak enough to get around, but not enough for a serious conversation. And as Thai is a tonal language (there are five different tones, so one word can have five different meanings depending upon the tone,) and I'm too deaf to hear ANY of them, some times my language skills get me in trouble. We took ten weeks of language lessons which gave us the basics, but we'll do it all over again when we get there. Most important in S.E. Asia is familiarity with numbers as bargaining is the order of the day in every market. That, asking for and giving directions, ordering in a restaurant, and shopping in the supermarket. Typical daily conversation stuff. Where is the bus station? How much for six pieces?
This time we will have our iPhones with the translation ap. I can't tell you just how easy this has made international travel! It's like something out of StarTrek. I say a word or sentence into the phone and it instantly translates it into any of 50 different languages. And here's a couple of pictures I shot just before we left Chiang Mai to get you started!

My wife has just squeezed some fresh Mangoes into my cup, with a yogurt drink they sell here called Yakult (brand) Makes for a refreshing drink!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Buffa5.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	102250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chedi019.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	102251  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 03-03-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote