View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #2
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
As a very new newbie I hope my post makes sense!

I am experimenting with converting books.

I have downloaded Calibre.

I have joined up with Borders and put a free ebook into my library there.

I have downloaded Adobe Digital editions, and have moved the ebook into there.

Now I am stuck.

I am trying to put the Borders ebook into Calibre so I can convert it.

I have put something into Calibre-Calibre has called it Unknown and saved it as an 'exe' format.

I click on it to try and convert it but Calibre says it can't as 'no suitable source format was found.'

I have no clue where I have gone wrong-can anyone help??

Thanx
Hello Pingu, Excuse my ignorance, but I'm assuming that Borders is some kind of online bookstore? *Edit*- OK I've just checked on the internet and logged on to borders.
Do you know what format the free book is in? *Edit*- I see that they have predominantly pdf & epub as the format of choice, I've just downloaded one of their free books in epub and converted it to mobi using calibre without any issues. Perhaps you may want to re-download whatever title you had as a free book in epub format and try again? Perhaps your original download was corrupted.
Cheers
Paul

Last edited by Paulinafrica; 12-12-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote