View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #63
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
The various reports on the Aura's announcement are saying it's a Freescale and we know it's 1GHz - and the Glo's a 1GHz Freescale (the Touch is a Freescale, as well, though I can't remember if it's 600MHz or 800MHz).
Freescale makes *many* different CPU's, so again you are assuming it is the same one.
Quote:
So, unless it's a newer generation of Freescale CPU that gets more work out of each clock cycle, it should perform a bit worse than the Glo due to the higher resolution and larger screen size.
For discussions sake, lets say it is the same CPU subfamily. Then I would assume it uses newer technology since it is 6 months younger. Of course, that is just my assumption, since the Aura has to push twice as many pixels as the Glo, and a 25% increase in CPU clock speed probably wouldn't result in 'faster page turns'.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote