View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #178
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingle View Post
4) The current business model of most content producers is "make the original for free, sell the copies" - that is, an author doesn't make any money while writing a book, they only make money when each copy is sold.

5) A world where copies are free is very, very bad for this business model.
Agreed. Time to switch to paying the author once for the original, then letting the content go free. Where are my patrons?

Quote:
9) (This is the most controversial one, I think) The benefits to society of a world where copies are free is greater than the harm.
Probably debatable into the next millennium, but I'll let that one go...

Quote:
I'm also saying that it _will_ be solved, and that content _will_ be created. (This may be naively optimistic).
Hear, hear.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote