View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
To be more specific:

Officially, the iLiad does not come with a greek font and the built in Mobipocket application does not allow you to change fonts.

If you install the developers kit and get shell access, then you can install third party applications (like FBReader) and additional linux fonts (if you know how to do that). That might let you read these documents using FBReader instead. I'm not sure how the FBReader knows what fonts are available though. IE, if it'll automatically pick up any additional fonts you've installed or if you'll have to make any modifications to FBReader to use them. I would hope it's automatic, but I'm not sure. Either way you're going to need a little bit of technical knowledge to get this to work. The iLiad won't do it "out of the box".

Personally, since they're PDFs anyway I would transfer them to the iLiad as a PDF and make sure the fonts are embedded, like Harry says. That'll solve the problem. Why did you want to convert them to Mobi?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote