View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by da5id403 View Post
I came to this page via googling my issue which is the same as the OP. With all due respect, I would never want to do all that just to remove the annoying line spaces. I am not even sure that there are Windows alternatives for each program you have mentioned. I think if the author of Calibre was aware this as a high-priority bug, he would fix it. I have been using Calibre for a couple of years now (certainly not 30,000 posts long) and there are almost daily updates.

Bottom line – software should be able to do this. That's what PC's are for. There is a $.10 alternative.
All the programs I mentioned are Windows programs. Regardless of the line spaces, there are other errors in your PDF conversion and only a proper A/B compare will fix all the errors. You want a proper conversion, you have to do the work.

If the line space is created in CSS, then you can easily remove them. If they are in the XML code, they may not be as easy, but maybe a search/replace (maybe with regex) will work.

No software will do the conversion perfectly. It isn't possible. So my directions are all you have to get it right.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote