View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
And my most radical idea, offer me a Netflix/Rhapsody-like book subscription service. I'd easily pay $12 a month, possibly more, to use this device like a library card. Allow me, say, two books downloaded at any one time (and never "owned"). I'm betting the Kindle in its present form is a step in exactly that direction because of the whispernet.
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, Sony tried a similar scheme, with expiring content, for the original Librie reader in Japan. It was a commercial disaster. People do, it seems, like to "own" their content.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote