View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #10
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Hope you have a lot of pleasure from your new Cool-er.

I had to return mine to Argos on Monday as it had broken, but they replaced it with a new one that was also v.1.12.6. I dithered but decided to go ahead and update it with the penultimate firmware update, 1.12.9_1119.rar because I knew that it worked. The latest update is a zip file - but doesn't seem to have much else different. You can see all of the updates at:

http://www.coolreaders.com/downloads/fw/

The main differences between 1.12.6 and 1.12.9 are:

- the grey palette screen has been replaced by "tram tracks" showing the progress at the cool-er starts up

-in 1.12.9 the cool-er always starts at the folder menu page instead of, as previously, at the last ebook being read. That means that if you do have a corrupt ebook, the reader won't just loop (something that I've experienced). However, several forum members have felt that they would much rather return to the place in the book they were last reading,

regards,
Pamela
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote