View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That makes sense, but most students don't do that. The majority can get buy on low end machines.

Tablets are overpriced, so netbooks are a far better tool for the average student. They're much cheaper (half the cost) and better spec'd, giving the student more functionality.

I have both a netbook and a tablet. If I had to choose between the two, I'd take my netbook in a heartbeat.
I think you need to actually look at the prices of systems and talk to some students. If you go to bestbuy.com, they only have 6 laptops that are less than $400. Even then, a couple of those are $399.99, so they will actually cost well over $400 at the register.

Those 6 systems, are the worse ones that Bestbuy,.com sells. You are talking about small screens, low memory, small HDs, bad graphics, and slow processors. All put together in a cheap package.

THis is not something that the average student is going to want.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote