View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #73
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
There are several reasons I got an Kindle eink reader over a tablet.

1. Battery life. I have gone a month between charges on my Kindle.

2. Cost. At least when I got my first Kindle, it was half as expensive as a tablet. Tablets have really come down in price lately so the difference isn't as dramatic.

3. Readability. For me at least, I find an eink screen easier on my eyes. Not to mention it is easier to read when outdoors.

But in the end, every one needs to decide what is best for them.
You left out the weight of the devices. I don't know what a tablet weighs but a Kindle only weighs around 8 ounces and can fit in a pocket as well. Most computers aren't that portable. Even a couple lbs can start to weigh a lot if you have to carry it around long enough. A Kindle doesn't have that issue.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote