View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #70
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post

Believe it or not, but Ectaco is still leading the pack of ebook readers!
Not only with their multi format compatibility, and color e-ink, but also with an sd card reader, high resolution display, fast Cortex A8 processor (it's about 4x faster than most ebook readers); TTS, dictionary, and perhaps in the future wifi and a browser.

Those are all feats, that combined you won't find in any other device on the market out there!
In fact,most ebook readers have one (like a large display), but not the other (no compatibility with the wide variety of file formats).
Or can read multiple file formats, but have a small screen...

And those that do can come close to the Jetbook (mainly large format e-ink readers monochrome displays), are either discontinued, or have a similar price tag.
all of this is absolute nonsense. PocketBook and Onyx read more formats, have various forms of annotation capabilities, are generations ahead in PDF useability. they have SD card readers, the newest ones have the 800mHz processor , Onyx is using Pearl displays, both have TTS, Dictionaries, WIFI and Browsers. Onyx has handwriting recognition and the ability to save a copy of PDFs with the scribbles intact. All of those devices are AT LEAST $100 less for much better devices.

Bookeen's newest device is another example, yes its smaller but it is well ahead in capability.

HANVONS own version of this same device includes finger adn pen which this doesnt have.

Read this review I just found a little bit ago

http://news.consumerreports.org/elec...ok-reader.html

As i said in my earlier post, as I found today during some more use and as it states in the review even the educational stuff- which is VAST no doubt- is presented mainly as walls of text. no interactivity hardly any use of the color display and altogether so cumbersome to use that kids try to use it even as a sort of encyclopedia device will be looking for something more useable.

as it stands its a very basic epub reader and a bottom of the list pdf reader with some very nice language learning tools.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote