View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
I prefer having it in the title, but I would like to see the titles be, e.g., Kindle/ePub rather than Kindle/Nook/Sony. This would make the title a little easier to read and, more importantly, make it clearer, especially to new members, that the book is readable on their Nook, Sony, Kobo, Kindle.

The other thing that I would like to see is a Smashwords link in the message if the book is available at Smashwords. Given a choice of downloading a title from Sony, B&N, or Smashwords, I prefer Smashwords because it is always DRM-free.
But just putting ePub won't really work. The DRM used by Sony/Kobo/BooksOnboard/etc. is different then the DRM used by B&N. So yes you can use ePub but it won't say what the DRM is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I think most of use use this convention:

noDRM - DRM free, format can be converted
Not everyone converts. So even DRM free, it's not going to work if it's not in the correct format to start with.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote