View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know we get replies in threads for Kindle books that also say they are free at other shops, but that leaves the thread title incorrect as it says Kindle. I think we should have a thread for each store for a given month. Then we won't have things so all over the place and a lot less of a flood in here.

So for example, we'd have threads like...

Free/discounted from Sony for August 2011
Free/discounted from Amazon for August 2011
Free/discounted from B&N for August 2011

That's a lot easier to deal with when the flood we just recently had and the replies that don't help because the thread titles still say Kindle.

What does everyone else think?

These already exist in the nook and Kindle forums. You could hang out there, if you want a single format. I don't do one for Sony, in particular (they are so late adding free books), plus the EPUB format is for more than one reader.

This forum is for ALL formats - I MUCH prefer to see it by title here (and the titles can be updated to reflect new formats; all that has to happen is that the OP flag the thread and ask for a new title. In fact, anyone can do that with their own post that adds a new format.

If the posts are by store, they get extremely long and you still have to check ever single one of them to find the ones that might be free in YOUR store (since many people don't check for formats they don't use, themselves).

Of course, this comes up every month (and I seem to remember you asking for this before) and is voted down each time.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote