View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #75
rupor
meat popsicle
rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!rupor rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindles, Pixels, iPads
In general the order is correct, but you seem to be mixing together Windows and Linux entries...

Does Linux have putty? I was under impression that it is slightly different there - you would use telnet instead... but I may be wrong....

By the way - if you are going to run DD "inside" the device - you will have to mount your SD card in RW mode and make sure that you have enough space on it. Something like that:

mount -o remount,rw /initrd/mnt/sd
dd if=/dev/mmcblk2 of=/initrd/mnt/sd/full.img bs=1024

But the whole idea of my package is that device internal memory becomes available on the HOST device as a disk - so you could run backup from the outside of the device and you DO NOT NEED TERMINAL ACCESS be it Windows or Linux you are using as a HOST. And you do not need to know com port. You just reboot the device in recovery mode, connect via USB - and boom - you have external USB disk which is THE WHOLE flash memory of your device - fully accessible for your DD.

So I think you got confused...

Last edited by rupor; 04-04-2012 at 09:41 AM.
rupor is offline   Reply With Quote