View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
No no no! That would ruin everything! Who would want a book dumped into their heads? Well, maybe it if was something like downloaded to a brain, but then you could just close your eyes and read it. So you still get the entertainment of reading, just don't have to worry about hardware. I dunno, then there is the problem of sorting out the different formats, and would our brains be able to use PDFs, and what would happen if you had traumatic head injury....
I for one would love to be able to close my eyes and drift off while reading a book, think of all the serendipituous exploring you could do while browsing a mental book collection.

And the format problems will all be sorted out by calibre when the time comes
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote