View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #393
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My point was that it is a very natural search term to use if you're looking for a download. Hence, my suspicion is that it's a term that a great many people will use it.
It's as natural as clicking on a bright red "You are a winner" sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Before the book was actually released you didn't need to add download to the search term and the torrent sites would come up. Now, because of the release and news associated with it, you do.

I would imagine that most people looking to download anything from the web would include download in their search.
Actually what comes up for me is the website of the author, which has links to the official retailers for all available versions of the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
TPB was blocked in the Netherlands a while back, and I did mention this in post #48.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
It is if they want to download the book rather than watch the movie or see articles about the actors. For anything that's been shown on TV or movies, those listings tend to dominate the search results.

[Lord of the Rings ebook download] gets very different results from just [Lord of the Rings].

[Lord of the rings ebook] first hit gets me amazon... with a blurb that says "A Christian can almost be forgiven for not reading the Bible, but there's no salvation for a fantasy fan who hasn't read the gospel of the genre, J.R.R. Tolkien's ..." Presumably, that's from the review? If I didn't *know* the books, I'd assume this was some other book with the same name, either written earlier and now pushed into popularity, or written afterward, using LOTR to push a religious message.
Try "J.R.R. Tolkien Lord of the Rings". For me the results are 1) wikipedia article on the book, 2) wikipedia article on the author, 3) Amazon, 4) The Tolkien Society website with links, 5) another wiki, 6) fan site, 7) official bookshop followed by shopping results.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote