View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
ziNde
ziNde began at the beginning.

Device: none
Ebook for technical books

Hello,

I am looking for an ereader to buy, but i need help deciding which to buy. The reason i need your help has to do with the fact i don't really have acess to the devices in my country, and i can only get information through these kinds of topics or youtube. Still... i can't process all information.

I need an ereader because i am a college student and i find it very interesting to have a collection of technical books (engineering). So what i need is a device with a big memory (or ability to use memory cards), that can easily read .pdf files with lots of formulas. I also need it to be able to show pictures and diagrams in .pdf in a clear resolution. I believe it's better in this situation to have a big display (like 7'') because the content i expect to view is very graphic. Touchscreen is not very important, but the ability to underline text and write notes is great.

I don't really need a device that provides more acess to downloable content or that has better support to buy books. Most of the files i need are .pdf and i just need to transfer them from the pc.

Sony ereader PRS-900 or the PRS-600 seemed to be the best option at this point. What other solutions should i consider? Is there any other good device coming out any time soon?

Thanks for helping
ziNde is offline   Reply With Quote