View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Update on K1 battery

My Kindle1 is 15 months old, and the battery is working just fine. However, I wanted a spare as a backup if the old one ever dies. So, I placed my order with Amazon almost two months ago, and still nothing.

BatteryShip.com , among others, has them for $18.96. I ordered about a week ago and it arrived today.

It is difficult to believe that Amazon would engage in such shoddy marketing practices as to make the battery unavailable just to get K1 owners to upgrade, but one has to wonder. If several other vendors have the battery and are shipping it immediately, how can Amazon continue to claim they are out of stock. I know some people have gotten them, but I waited two months. I just canceled todayl

Very disappointed with Amazon for the first timel
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote