View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
At first, I thought they were going to go all-out:

Touchscreen, page turn buttons, TTS, Android, installation of reading apps.

However: It doesn't have a front-light. Mistake.

Even bigger mistake: it will run Android 2.3. Wait. What. HELLO, Boox! WAKE UP! Android 2.3.x is three years old. Many applications already require at least 3.0 and even 4.0 to be run. Android 4.4 was just released; I can understand if they're not using that, but I would expect at least the latest 4.0 version (4.0.4), which is 2 years old already.

Releasing a device using Android 2.3 at this point in time is the same as building a new computer and then running a 32-bit version of Windows Vista on it. You don't do that, if you don't have a VERY good reason to.

I wonder why companies release a device that has some blatant shortcomings that people can see when taking a first or second look at it.

Pity. If this device had a good front-light and at least Android 4.0.x (with the promise to update to 4.3.x or 4.4.x at some point in 2014), it would be a serious option for me. It would be a serious *e-ink tablet*. Now, it's just old at the date of release already.

Last edited by Katsunami; 11-07-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote