View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike56 View Post
The book works perfect with Kindle Previewer (using any device except iPad and iPhone) and Kindle for PC. It's the iOS app the one giving trouble. I mean, how hard can it be? An app that reads html code doesn't sound that complicated...
It's an App by one giant company running on a device created by another giant company, and those giant companies have a pissing contest over who gets paid when a reader buys a book from Amazon, via the App. Such a huge pissing contest that Amazon deliberately disabled the ability of readers in the K4iPad app to "go to" Amazon to buy books; for that to work, they have to be in Cloud Reader.

And don't trust Previewer. Don't trust it as far as you can physically pick it up and throw it.

The real issue is that K4iPad has been using BOTH K7 and K8 styling, ignoring media queries. It's hard to know who's to blame for that. That's why you'll see oddball things like indented paragraphs plus a blank line between them, or the like.

I don't think that Amazon sees K4iPad as a big priority. And as other posters told you, this "lack of rendering" issue has happened in the past with other devices as well. I take it this is clearly not an inline styling issue? All your paragraphs are styled with an external stylesheet?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote