View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedb View Post
I can't stand tags, I have mine sorted by series, and any single books I just browse via author
Tags are hard to learn to love, especially for oldtimers like me. Once you learn how you can best use them they become pretty handy. You can make hierarchical structures like you do with folders. The ability to have multiple tags is invaluable. Reader software that allows searching by tags really makes this handy. Also, Calibre tags will allow you to customize your folder structure when you transfer books for those readers that don't support tags.

It took me a while to start using tags. I saw how others used them and picked the ways that seemed best for me. Tags aren't for everyone but I no longer think of them as worthless.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote