View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
B&N discontinues Nook for PC

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/11/b...ok-for-pc-mac/
Quote:
Barnes and Noble has been quietly erasing all mentions of its Nook for PC and Mac, but now we have the first official confirmation that both are no more. An official statement, reported by The Digital Reader, says that the company is no longer supporting software for Windows 2000/XP/Vista or Mac OS X, and is directing users to switch to Nook for Web in its place. That, or you could always help prop up the company's brick-and-mortar operations by purchasing some of these.
This means since I don't own a Nook, I'll most likely never be able to purchase another book from B&N. I don't see this as a good move at all. Yes, I could read on my PCs or netbook at their site, but when I'm away and without internet access, there's no option at all. Except to avoid purchasing from B&N.

I don't see this as a very wise move for the already struggling B&N.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote