View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #227
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
At Brooklyn, you can keep track of what you've checked out by rating the book.
I hadn't thought about a possible privacy issue, but I can see why that makes sense.

I tried rating a book once, but was disappointed that it was a star-rating system only and there was no opportunity to say what I did or didn't like about the book, so I never did it again.

I have discovered that for books I downloaded via my PC, if I go to My Documents, somewhere under the my ebooks and Sony reader there is a folder called "manifest" which lists all the books I've downloaded, even library books which have been returned. However, that's a lot of books so I don't go checking it every time I go to the library.

I recently accidentally checked out a book I'd already read. The description was very short and I didn't recognize it until I downloaded and opened the book.

When I was a child, the public library in my small town still kept the checkout card in a pocket in the book, and you signed the card when you checked it out. You could look at the card and see if you (or anyone you knew) had read it before. I bet that kept people from checking out some kinds of books....
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote