Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 PM   #260
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyz View Post
Hi ivanjt,

I've tried to install the PE golden update zip several times now -- it appears that it won't start the update process. Currently the EE image is on my PE. (A fact, can't take it back now) I can only assume this puts it in a state where normal recovery with the golden update won't work.

I have some experience with third party firmware on my Droid1. I am a Linux user/admin of 17 years. That said, it didn't keep me from downloading multiple update.zip files from various threads here and getting confused on which did what. ooops. 2 days ago I didn't know there were two different devices: Entourage Edge (EE) and a Pocket Edge (PE). I'm 98% sure I upgraded to e-update.golden.zip (EE) that emusan had tweaked to not do the TARGET != UPDATE check that DarkGrue had success with. Thus, attempting to install the EE firmware on my PE.

At this point I have a brick. I'm willing to try editing a lot of system files at this point -- with or without a backout option. My backout options seem to be gone. It would be nice to have ClockWorkMod in this device! And I'm interested in cooking up new firmware/roms if we had it. The pile of PE on Woot around Sept 9th should bring in more folks, hopefully some are devs.
I could say a few swear words here but I won't. Unfortunately we mainly deal with hardware even though we do have a programmer - and she says without an SDK she isn't even going to look at our version of android.

I think it was vininc that mentioned there was some SDK available for the Alex which has basic hardware the same as PE and EE. I don't know if that might help you in any way.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote