View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 AM   #82
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad2, Kindle
I'm new to epub creation, new to this forum, and I'm not sure if this is the best place to post my query (or what info I should provide). Please let me know if I should be asking elsewhere and/or including some example files.

An epub I received back from Kobo was rejected by Apple (needs subsections listed in the table of contents). A few hours later, I've hand edited my first TOC file (its like learning a new language!). I've finally added all the sub sections, and its validating fine.

However, when testing on the iPad - all the page numbers on the toc only appear when in horizontal view. In vertical view, only the first six chapters/subsections have pg numbers, and those page numbers are mostly incorrect (the cover, copyright and title page numbers are fine).

Is this a known problem? Wondering if I can fix it, or just remove page numbers altogether (which seems sensible/less problematic) but I don't know how to do either. Not having much luck with google so far. Any help much appreciated!

PS: I edited the TOC file in TextWrangler.

Last edited by virtual_ink; 06-29-2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: Added PS
virtual_ink is offline   Reply With Quote